About Urban Feather
Urban Feather is a long established, multi-disciplined design agency, based in Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire. We work with companies across the country to help raise their profile, providing creative design, with passion and flair. Our team deliver bespoke solutions across a variety of mediums including traditional print, digital marketing and web development.
Our small team are committed to our customers every step of the way, delivering on time, every time. We understand the technical jargon, and speak in plain English. We listen to our clients, understand their businesses, and deliver bespoke solutions that meet their requirements.
We are looking for a web designer/developer to join our team. The successful candidate will have drive, determination, be willing to learn and get involved. Working to tight deadlines, alongside graphic designers and web developers they will work on a wide variety of projects for clients in a wide range of industries. They will be an integral part of the team and client facing from the outset.
We’re looking for a person that can work on his/her own initiative and as part of a team, be able to handle multiple projects and meet all deadlines. As an innovative and imaginative designer/developer you should have a portfolio to demonstrate your skills and a real enthusiasm for creating workable websites.
You must demonstrate a flair for design and a passion for utilising your design abilities within the workplace. Candidates should be able to create wireframes, storyboards and sitemaps, and be up to date with the latest web trends and standards, have great attention to detail and be comfortable speaking with clients either face to face or on the phone.
- Good listener with great communication skills & an eye for detail
- Well organised, with the ability to envisage the finished project
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Be able to present examples of your work
- Ability to give and accept constructive criticism
- An eagerness to learn and develop new skills
- Understanding of development processes including wireframes, storyboards and sitemaps.
- Knowledge of the WordPress platform and associated plug-ins
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Be able to work with cloud based hosting, configure emails and deal with technical support queries.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm with a 1 hour lunch break.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Start Date: Immediate
Please note that the studio is not in central Scunthorpe and bus routes are limited, although there are 2 bus stops within walking distance. Bicycle racks are available on site should the successful candidate prefer to cycle to work.
Please send CV and a selection of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31st January 2017